Tuesday 3 May 2016

Opinion Time: Should The UK Leave The EU?

There is a lot of news coverage on this matter but not enough information on what will actually happen if Britain do leave the EU. This can either make everyone make their mind up on what they assume will happen or freak out like crazy over it.

As a foreign woman from another EU country, I have done much research on this and can't find the answers to the question I want answered. I'm due to give birth this year, the father of my child is British and the child will be born in the UK. If the UK does leave the EU, what can I expect to happen to me and my new little family? I am still yet to have this question answered and I don't think I will have it answered.

I have done some research on both sides to kind of try to figure out what would happen either way but like I said the information is very out in the air and not really focused on what I want to know. Here is what I found.

Reasons to leave the EU

  • We would no longer be made to contribute to the EU budget and would supposedly save money (a little hard to believe in my opinion).
  • We could establish our own trade deals with no input from EU trade lines (unsure if this can be made into something good).
  • Brexit could increase the UK's economy by 1.6% (definitely in dreamland there).
  • More jobs could be created among new UK trade lines (now that one sounds believable to me, actually makes sense).
  • The UK would be able to vet anyone entering the country to prevent terrorist attacks (something I agree with).
  • The UK would have control over all immigration from other EU countries (the point I don't understand and no one answers fully. Does this mean they will only be focusing on who is coming in or will they also be chucking people out of the country and separating families for no reason like some Brexit-fanatics have claimed?.
  • Price on food, drink and other essentials would go up (Not great for families that have to work hard enough as it is paying what they already pay).
Reasons to stay in the EU
  • The UK would stay in the single market, no tariffs placed (I'm a bit here and there on this one, basically everything would remain the same).
  • The UK would continue to benefit from EU trade deals (I'm no economy fanatic but I think this sounds like a good thing).
  • Brexit could mean the UK would lose 2.2% by 2030 (which Brexit turn around on their flyers and booklets only since this was raised).
  • If the UK was to leave the EU, the EU would make life hard on us (so why not just stay?).
  • We can live and work anywhere in the EU (This would benefit students, and also anyone working abroad).
  • We could lose jobs because of removal of trade levels (obviously not a good thing).
  • Interpol would remain to give the UK extra security and other agencies (don't know what you think but I prefer the sound of that).

As you can see there is a lot I don't get from both parts, what I have stated above is what I gathered from research, followed by what I think or have a doubt about. If you have the answer to my questions then please enlighten me because I have been confused on this for months.

I obviously can't vote as you have probably already gathered but you can. All I say is this post isn't to make you vote for this or vote for that because I think people should vote for who they want without the ridiculous abusive influence I have seen on the social media. In other words, really think about it, have your questions fully answered before you wing it and vote wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment