Sunday 15 May 2016

My Pregnancy So Far

You voted on the Twitter poll for today and here it is.
As of today, I am 23 weeks pregnant and counting. As much as I can't wait to give birth and have our little one in our arms, I can already also tell I'm going to miss my baby bump like crazy. I have spoken to so many people regarding this and so many people have told me they can't wait to give birth and that having a bump makes them feel self conscious about their body, but for some reason I feel differently about this. I actually feel a lot better about myself and don't feel self conscious about my body or what people think of the way I look. Surely I'm not the only one to feel this way...

I have been told a little bit of everything by doctors. And trust me, most of the time they give worst case scenarios when it's most of the time nothing to worry about. So stay chilled...

How have I found pregnancy so far? The first 12 weeks were the ones filled with those symptoms that make you feel a little drained, I had a lot of morning sickness, and was always tired and needing to run to have a wee. Since then, pregnancy has been super chilled for me. I'm guessing seeing your baby for the first time at 12 weeks also helps take a lot of stress and worry off of your shoulders. 

At around 19 weeks, I was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection when I went to the doctor about having pains on my left side and due to feeling the baby a little less than usual. I was medicated for this for about 7 days with anti-biotics, this was supposed to clear the infection. I had an emergency scan, the baby wasn't moving a lot but was healthy and doing rather well. During the time when I was taking the tablets for this, I had severe pains on my back and sides and paramedics had to have a look at me, the infection was still there. They believed the infection had gone up to my kidneys, I finished these antibiotics and turns out they didn't clear it completely. Once I finished these anti-biotics, I had the pains again and called the emergency health line who told me to go into hospital and so I did, they didn't know what was going on but suspected the infection was definitely up in my kidneys now. 

At 20 weeks, I had my normal scan where they had a look at how the baby was doing, measured everything to check for concerns and also told us the baby's gender. That was when we found out we are having a little boy. At around 21 weeks I was given more anti-biotics to clear infection and was told thy suspected I now had kidney stones. I know right, just as confused as you are. At 22 weeks I had a scan to check kidneys and pelvis and am currently awaiting results.

Basically, pregnancy so far isn't as bad as everyone kept telling me it was going to be even at the time I am now. It's just super exciting, obviously I have had all these infections but that doesn't really ruin my excitement. As long as the baby is okay, that's all that matters. 

It's super exciting getting things done and getting things for the baby and seeing everything come together. I love it, literally counting down to meet our little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment