Monday 27 June 2016

Pregnancy Weekly Update | 28 Weeks


You all asked for a weekly pregnancy update and that's exactly what I will be doing all the way through to giving birth. 

This week has been super eventful, filled with countless appointments and scans. I did my glucose tolerance test in the beginning of the week, and also had a growth scan and a consultant appointment.

The glucose tolerance test was actually super draining. I wasn't allowed to have any food since the night before the test so you can imagine how drained and unless I felt having to keep waiting in a boiling hot waiting room and with nothing in my stomach. I had a few tubes of blood taken and then had to drink just over a bottle of Lucozade for the test and then had to wait in the waiting room for an hour (I think), had another blood test done and then had to wait another 30 minutes to have another blood test done. I did feel super exhausted and hungry by the end of it but it was nowhere near as bad as what people had told me.

Later in the week, I had a growth scan where they measured the baby and also my waters. Good news is that we are good with the liquids, the waters are totally fine and our little boy is now average size (he was measuring 3 weeks ahead before). He is still a little heavier but is still considered average so we have been told to expect him at 37 weeks. This means we have 9 weeks to go, I can't wait.

We are literally counting down the days now. 8 weeks feel like so soon and yet, also feels like forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment